In American football, a tight end plays a vital role on the offensive side of the ball. The tight end can serve as a receiver as well as an extra blocker on the offensive line to help the offensive line out. The tight end is permitted to catch passes and make downfield blocks, unlike most other positions that are not permitted to perform both these functions.
They can be used to fool defenses by lining them up as if to assist block for a quarterback or running back but instead racing downfield to catch the ball. The tight end can line up out wide as well. On the football field, tight ends are among the most talented and flexible players you can find. The tight end can act as a receiver, ball carrier, or extra blocker, depending on the play.
Tight ends may be assigned one of three roles, depending on the play concept and formation, and the gloves they wear should be based on these roles.
The primary two roles of a tight end are to receive passes and block for the quarterback on passing plays and running backs on running plays. The third option is to run with the ball on a running play; however, this is a relatively unusual occurrence in modern football.
Best Football Gloves for Tight Ends
It gets difficult finding the best football gloves for tight ends as the position blends the duties of so many football positions together. Also, there is no out-right ‘best football glove for tight ends’ as every player is different and has different qualities.
It is crucial to find the right kind of glove for the type of game you play. Nevertheless, here we have compiled a list of the best football gloves for tight ends!
- Wrist strap is adjustable
- Sticky grip in all weather conditions
- Machine washable and durable material
- Very few color options
A football gloves grip is one of the most important factors to consider when choosing the best football gloves, and the Seibertron Pro 3.0 comes with a high-quality, ultra-sticky grip that runs along the palm and the fingertips for excellent grip.
The gloves are also made from high-quality, water-resistant material, which makes sure the gloves remain sticky for an extended period of time. The material is durable and flexible, and the gloves are designed to be easily adjustable to your hand for excellent performance and all-around motion.
- Very functional and comfortable
- Adjustable wrist strap
- Very well-ventilated, making them very breathable
- Lightweight and durable material
- A little tight around the fingers
Again, how well a football glove grips is very important. And the Under Armour F7 feature the UA GlueGrip to ensure your gloves are and continue to remain sticky, allowing you to catch any ball that comes your way.
The back of the glove is TurfGear textured for durability and extra support. The material used is meshed to improve breathability and keep your hands light and dry as you play.
- High Density Strategic Molded Padding on back hand and IRONSKIN for Maximum Impact Absorption
- Grip Tack palm material provides maximum durability unparalleled grip technology in all weather conditions
- 4 way back of hand compression fit for ultimate fit
- Wicking material keeps hands drier in hot humid conditions
- Injection molded customizable tab provides secure fit and additional wrist support
- Excellent all-weather grip
- Flexible and comfortable
- Adjustable neoprene bands
- Limited color options
The Adidas Freak 3.0 is a glove made for all weather conditions for every kind of football player. The Adidas reinforced GripTack technology gives this glove incredible grip regardless of weather conditions, whether you play in the rain or under the sun.
The fabric used in the back of the hand is supportive and adds comfort. The Adidas Freak 3.0 also features IRONSKIN sones to reduce impact and help improve your control of the ball. The Freak 3.0’s are only available in two colorways, black and white – both colors make for a striking football glove.
- INCOMPARABLE GRIP: These sticky football gloves have the perfect amount of tacky grip to enhance every play, rain or shine! The Speed grip silicone palm amplifies your natural talents for fumble-proof plays
- PADDED PROTECTION ON BACK OF HAND: Made with extra cushioning and protection on the back of the hand. Perfect for Linemen, but also used for all positions on the field if you need that extra padding.
- COMFORTABLE, BREATHABLE, SKIN TIGHT FIT: The Game Day Gloves were made to be a second skin, to support and protect, all while enhancing your grip. The lightweight, flexible back keeps airflow, to keep your hands cool and comfortable, & amps your stealth.
- LOW MAINTENANCE CARE: Your focus should be on the game, not on caring for high maintenance gear. Our gloves were made to be as flexible and resilient as the players who wear them. Machine washable and dryable.
- EXPERTLY MADE, PROFESSIONAL QUALITY: Meets SFIA specification for NFHS/NCAA play. Precision stitching and durable fabric combine to create a skin tight, reflex enhancing, ball catching, pair of gloves. Made for all, from college champs, to pee wee.
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Durable and machine-washable
- Only available in one color
- Might need to be replaced every two months
Cutters is a well-known brand to most football players and football lovers. These Cutters are silicon football gloves and are great for almost every football position.
The Game Day football gloves are super lightweight for fantastic comfort and feature the Cutter Speed grip silicone palm for the perfect amount of grip. The fit is what we like most about the Cutter Game Day gloves.
The lightweight fit is also very breathable to keep your hands comfortable as you play. If you have been playing football for a while, you will probably already have a few memories of Cutters as it was the preferred brand of gloves for most positions in football.
Our Final Thoughts
I hope this article will help you find the best football gloves for tight ends. While this list can act as a guideline to help you find the right glove for you, you must find a glove that is right for you.
A perfect fit is essential when buying a football glove. Before making your purchase, make sure to measure your hand on a hand size chart, and if possible, always try them on before you decide on what to purchase.
Most football gloves are a little smaller in size than advertised. So, buying a size that is slightly larger than yours might help.
Also, keep in mind the comfort, the grip, and the breathability of the football glove when looking for the best gloves for yourself. If a glove isn’t comfortable in your hand, it should be replaced.
Consider your glove a ‘second skin’ to make the best purchase possible. The glove shouldn’t be too thin so you can get proper support and protection. However, the glove also shouldn’t be so thick that it doesn’t allow you to feel the ball.
Consider all the choices we have given you and the points we have shared in this post to find the perfect glove for yourself. As we said before, there is no one glove that is the best glove for tight ends, and it mostly depends on what you find the most comfortable for yourself.